The Resilient Heritage project at Selby Abbey has been funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund with the aim of making Selby Abbey a resilient heritage attraction. Key aims of the project include:
- Auditing the interpretation, visitor experience, events and outreach opportunities.
- Exploring volunteer opportunities and how we can expand and build upon them.
- Enhance training opportunities for both volunteers and staff.
- Implement audit findings into an event programme, focused interpretation material and improved visitor experience.
- Creating a long term community engagement plan.
- Creating a long term fundraising plan.
- Create and maintain partnerships.
- Working with the local schools and colleges for work placements.